Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Inspiration

I'm finally feeling motivated to get started preparing for this year! I say I'm ready to go back to work but I'm more ready for summer to be over than being prepared to go back to work. So I purchased my Staples Discount Card two weeks ago. It has more than bought itself. I have oodles of binders to put together and a project I'm going to work on this afternoon/evening since I have a lunch date with 3 pretty awesome people! One is my hallway partner. The other two are two paras that we have both worked with. So it will be a fun time. Poor skater child will not be with me, but napping at her great grandmother's house. :) Fun! She has been glued to me since June 22nd. She rarely lets me out of her eye site. Sometimes, I even have to tell her every detail of what I'm doing so she is calm when I'm not in the same room as her. Onto today's project. I am planning to make my own mini charts as Creative Teaching Press calls them. They look like this:
They are pretty awesome looking, but rather expensive. I was thinking of ordering about 4 sets and personalizing them for subjects on my Kidney table when I worked with small groups in Language Arts and Math, but decided that I could make those for a whole lot cheaper. So I bought Construction Paper (I'm debating about buying the small poster board packs, but not sure) and some glue. I need more printer ink, so I need to buy that before setting to work. I'm excited to get crafty, as it is not my strong point. Teaching Arts and Crafts this summer is certainly helping! I'd really love to redo my classroom in the Dots, but it isn't in the cards this year since I just redid my classroom LAST year and I have a ton of stuff to use up! I was hoping Carson Dellosa would come out with more Surfing Theme things, but it isn't shaping up that way. Well have a great day and I'm hoping to post many ideas that become reality over the next five days of no alarm clock! AHHHH!!!

1 comment: