Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tell Me More

Finally Linking up to Tell Everyone more about myself. Let's see, where to start?? 1. Let's start way back when I was little. I had red hair. My mom swore she wouldn't bring me home if I was born with red hair. Lucky for me, I was born with newborn, black hair. :) But one day, at about three months old, I woke up with Red Hair! She swears it was just one day, and looking through albums of pictures, it was one day.
2. Since I was 5, I was ready for school weeks ahead of time. I have loved going to school since Kindergarten. It never stopped! I picked out my outfit and bag days ahead. My mom cried. I swore I wouldn't do that to my kid, but now, I'm not so sure... My first day of school
3. I thought at 9, I would become a pediatrician. I stuck with that dream until I was 17. I applied to all my college choices Pre Med. Then after volunteering in a second grade class with my favorite person in the world whose known me since I was a baby, who became my mentor student teacher....I decided to apply to one last school....as an Elementary Education Teacher. 4. At 7 I started getting serious into Archery. Like, I needed a new bow every year for awhile. Every six months, I got things redone on it just to make it last longer. I was the red head that was uncool because I had red hair and I shot a bow and arrow, something NO ONE DID! Now I can say, I was cool when Brave wasn't out. 5. I have a super cool daughter. She is my world. Yup, I'm a single mother. Nope, I don't regret a thing. She was the best choice I have ever made. She is like 4 going on 14, but I love her for keeping me on my toes daily. She won her first skating competition this past March. Here is a picture of her skating during this competition.
6. Skater Child has crossed eyes. She has been wearing glasses for nearly a year. She is on her third pair. Next step is surgery. It really effects her with writing, so I'm hoping that we can have all eye issues resolved within the next nine months. Between Prayer, an amazing doctor, and not letting it go by, I'm hoping that it works and surgery isn't needed. She still crosses her eyes with glasses, but they are getting better when her glasses are off. She can't patch because it is both eyes. 7. I'm really shy and standoffish if you've never met me. I look like the bitch you wouldn't want to talk to which is why I struggled to start this blog. But once I've gotten to know you and you get that I'm not always like that, I'll talk your ear off. Thankfully, I work with some amazing people, that got me out of being standoffish really quick because being in the hallway for 15 minutes in the morning, makes for a great day! 8. I never wanted to teach in the same school I went to. I had no desire to teach at my building. I actually thought about turning down my job, but I decided to give it a go! So glad I did! I'm that wacky person that remembers everything and the smell is still the same! 9. I don't name my cars. I've had 2. I just got my third. Guess what? It has a name. Well, a Nickname. It is a Jetta, so we call it Jet Jet! And it has a Jet Pack! It came with a first aide kit and my daughter fell in the parking lot at Busch Gardens and I scooped her up and said, "Let's go get the Jet Pack from Jet Jet!" It stopped her crying and it stuck! 10. I'm still a red head. Best choice I've made. Even though I've thought about dying it all sorts of colors, red is my favorite! It makes me who I am. It did take years for me to love it, but I'm glad it took time. Good things do come to those who wait!
11. Last but not least, my last name is Short. I am not short, by any means. One teacher actually called me Ms. Tall in school and still does to this day! I'm 5' 7" and I aim to be tall! Thanks so much for hosting this linky party Miss Lemons! If you haven't linked up, go do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment