Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

It Has Started

So about Saturday of last week it hit. I had 1 month until I report back to work. That means all the little things I do the NIGHT before Meet the Teacher, needed to get done ASAP! So I started looking things over, buying graphics from DJ Inkers because if I'm sticking with my beach theme, I'm sure as heck going to convert EVERYTHING to beach theme. On Monday I went to Wal-Mart TWICE! Then I went to Staples, were I bought myself a nice new printer. Not just any printer, one that is wireless AND prints double sided....(Can you tell whose going to have a longer Parent Newsletter this year?) Then I just busted out the MacBook that has been sleep for about 2 months. I also bought labels, because it is what I do EVERY year. That night I sat infront of my computer creating labels for my ticket back, that say, "Aloha! I've got P.A.W. Power!" I then stuck them to 30 bags and then reinforced the sides with BLUE Duck Tape. The bags look something like this.
After that I had talked to my hallway buddy, who is a "Tree Hugger." Literally we sat down to plan a theme for her and we thought earthy feel would be good, then I said Trees and she has taken it from there! She got Palm Tree Labels! Not sure I could teach first without her! Next after working way too late on these bags, I ran up to Skating Camp to teach Art. I think I've spent hours looking at blogs AND Pinterest making sure I have all the little details ready. I finished my labels for Meet the Teacher for parents. I use Kristin's idea from A Teen Tiny Teacher. It went over super well last year. This year I went and bought the Avery bag set. It was a little $$ and I thought I could use them for 2 years BUT they fed wrong, so I only have enough for this year. Lesson learned, only feed one sheet at a time. Now I just need to buy hugs to fill the bags. Yesterday I went and did some crazy shopping. I went to JoAnn's and Target. I bought notebooks for Friday Journals. They were 17 cents each. I'm not complaining, since I got 30 in blue. I don't like to procrastinate with supplies like that, since I know colors go fast. Today I bought my blue homework folders from WalMart. I plan on working on them this weekend. Today I created my Survival Kit. Instead of it being a Back to School Survival Kit...It is a Surfing School Survival Kit! I figure if I'm going full out, we will be a surfing school! I hope to share some of my creations on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone! I am beach bound tomorrow! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Your bags are very cute! I love the idea of reinforcing with the blue tape. :) I'm completely obsessed with the beach and desperately wish I lived there. Maybe one day... I'm also jealous you have that much time 'til school goes back. I report tomorrow! Aghhh!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog - would love you to be a follower. I'm your newest one! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following. I'm also following your blog. I have to say, I don't know what I would do without living near the beach! I am constantly there enjoying the sights. Hope your first day back went well. I have to report for two days next week for two days.

      Delete