Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

And She Surfed to Success!!

Today was the day.  The day I've dreamed about for 7 years.  The perfect first day of school.  Yes it came.  Lucky number seven maybe??  The students came in and they were SILENT!  They colored and listened and followed all of my directions!  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  Yes I have a shouter!  But I can live with a shouter because that shouter found out that I don't do calling out, we raise hands and wait turns.  I do have one with health as a concern, but we are going to stay on top of it and rock her out to a successful year of first grade!  I had one student that well we didn't get it right twice.  Can't have milk and was upset about oj.  Can't blame the kid.  Second, kid was marked to walk home, but parent came.  Not a cool story!  Moral, make sure if they parent drops off that they understand what walk means.  I'm sure I'll double check it again!  Kid made it to parent.

Next my perfect day came to a hault when I was asked to switch reading groups.  We switch for reading and we have two groups of three.  Our pods were made by where our rooms were, but one person asked me to switch because it wasn't gelin'.  I'm not gelin' with the idea.  Tears were shed as I talked to my mom about it.  I want a stress free zone tomorrow and I don't know what to do.  O the choices stink!  I say no and it bothers me, I say yes it bothers me.  WHY MUST I BE PUT INTO THIS SITUATION!!!!????  What would you do??

I'm totally diggin day two with my kiddos.  Can't wait to see what they are capable of!

I'm also thinking of just ignoring the situation and seeing what happens. ;)

Oh and always carry a spare set of flip flops with you.  I didn't.  i've lost weight and the shoes that were perfect last year aren't so much this year.  O well, just gives me an excuse to wear them all day tomorrow!  So thankful I am able to do this!

Just to show how great of day it was, you can see my desk!  It is a mess and I say that any day where your desk looks like this is a success!  All able to be cleaned up but principal gifts just dropped off and my folder basket plopped down at 645 this morning.  Yup, a success!  :)


I'll take you on a classroom tour tomorrow!

Miss Red Head and her not so rambling class!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment