Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Crazy Dreams, Currently, & a Freebie

So last night, I had my first wacky back to school dream.  Thing is, I don't dream about me teaching or my classroom.  Nope.  Not so lucky!  I dream about....high school and old friends and ex boyfriends.  This time I lived at our high school, that didn't look like our high school and I ended up back with the ex.  Weird!  I guess it all goes to actually still teaching in the same school I went to school in.  My current classroom was the computer lab when I was in school.  I first used a computer in this room.  But now, it is MY ROOM!  I CANNOT wait to get back in there and transform my room.  I have only been in it for one year, so it is time to transform it more!  I never did finish some of my bulletin boards last year because I simple ran out of time.  Yes I had things on it through the year, but this year it will be neat and organized and FULL of student work!

Ok time for Farley's August Currently.


Don't forget to read the two before and two after when you link up!

Here is the bag I want from L.L. Bean.  I got a Vera Bradley bag last year and I HATED IT!  I never not like bags, so I was shocked to hate it!  I love this bag and look forward to having two Boat Totes this year!  They are so great for notebooks, curriculum and just knowing something will last forever!



Finally a Freebie!  I have become a DJ Inkers Junkie!  My awesome mom thought up a saying for my homework folders this year.  I used FISH last year, but having a beach theme it didn't really fit.  The BEACH acronym while worked, just wasn't me.  So S.W.I.M. Folder it is.

Students With Important Materials.  Yup it is me.  I also used DJ Inker background, so since this isn't allowable really for me to share, I have created a photo SWIM Folder and made it a FLASH Freebie, so get it quick or make your own folder.  Click the link above or my Teachers Pay Teachers link to get your cover!  I printed this onto full sheets of Labels and stuck it to my folder!  I also just posted my photographic Beach Alphabet.  I will post more about that later!  I may also do a giveaway for the alphabet and shapes unit too!

Also, I'm looking to make my blog more ME.  PLEASE leave me any info on who to contact that can help make my blog more up to date and fit for a Red Head.

Thanks so much!

~Miss Red Head

6 comments:

  1. NO joke, I am watching the ABC Family Princess Diaries too!!! I can't imigane how fun it would be to teach in the school were I once was a student. Have a wonderful year!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo weird!! It is really odd to teach in the same school, but given it was built in 1957, it has the BIGGEST classrooms in the district, so I feel really luck to have a great deal of space. I feel really lucky to have a job and love the people I work with! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back to school dreams/nightmares....it is so CRAZY! Good luck this year! Love your super cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your SWIM folder turned out.

    Diana at Custom Blog Designs does nice work if you're looking for someone to do the blog makeover for you.

    Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following me! I am following you now too! I had a dream last year where all the students in my class were kids I went to high school with and they wouldn't listen to me because to them I was just another student. Crazy!

    Mrs. Slocum
    Teacher's Don't Steal, They Share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confession: I still love the Princess Diaries. It might have something to do with the fact that I used to watch it with my mom and it just brings back fond memories. :)
    Bee
    Bee Teaches

    ReplyDelete