Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

It Is The End

So today was my final day of summer.  I go back tomorrow.  I have Pinterested my life away.  I've created things I've wanted to for awhile.  I've not finished one professional book.  I didn't crack my curriculum this summer, but it is all going to be okay.

This summer turned into a summer of healing.  Two years ago I started down the longest path in my career.  Trying to deal THE CLASS.  It took all last summer to get over it.  I read about 10 professional books and by February, I was healed and loved my class.  This summer was totally about healing and praying and understanding.  Not completely accepting it, but I'm moving closer.  This will be a year of change for me in my classroom.  No longer will I have my cousin to text in the morning about what a terror kiddo was.  No more texts about parties or get togethers or cookie fun or random stuff.  It is gone.  Yes I have others to do this with, but it isn't HER!  I have struggled about whether to type this, but this is me.  This is one struggle I am going to have all year!  After 28 years, it doesn't stop.  You just adjust.  I'm adjusting by becoming crafty.  My cousin was an amazing artist and the crafty police couldn't stop her.  Now I'm taking steps to become not just done, but finished done.

Since today was my final day of summer I did enjoy one random book of my choice to read.  I finished it around 11 this morning.  I then had breakfast with kiddo at 12 at a local cafe.  I had a gluten free cookie.  She had a cupcake.  Then we rolled down to the beach.  We went to a local fav of ours, where we head on Wednesday Nights until they close for the season to just get away and remind each other that we can make time for each other.  Next we ran to get ice cream and carmel popcorn.  YUM!  (All food was gluten free!!)  Then we went to the play ground instead of the beach because it was only 75 degrees and the last time I was on the beach at that temperature, I ended up on an ambulance.  No thanks!  Finally I went to try and find something for the first day of school, but no luck!

Today I took a ten mile bike ride in an hour!  That is a first!  I came home and organized and loaded a good part of my stuff in my trunk.

I'm ready for tomorrow.  I need daily life to return.  I love my kid, but I need to not feel her glued to me because she is afraid I will die.  My mom returned home on Saturday with no surgery just a nasty case of dehydration!  DRINK PEPS DRINK! Seriously she asked how old she will be when I die after going home the first night my mom was in the hospital.  A 4 and a half year old asked this.  Yes, this has been apart of my healing.   This has been the challenge.

Tomorrow I will begin my link up for the must haves.  This was a heart pincher and it feels good to let it out.  Tomorrow I will eat rice chex for breakfast instead of a cookie.  Yup, summer is over.  And a new chapter is ready to begin!

Miss Red Head

No comments:

Post a Comment